RA/TA Scholarship (valid until 2015)
As UNIST has been changed from national university to national Institute, new scholarship policy will be announced during February, 2016
- Tuition fee and living expenses supporting.
- – Teaching Assistant(TA) operation plan will be announced at the beginning of every semester.
Scholarship amounts(by 2015)
- Master’s Program: 150,000 KRW/month
- Doctoral Program: 250,000 KRW/month
Students who are chosen as TA are required to support undergraduate course each semester.
Global Ph.D Fellowship
- To improve the education and research supporting system through enlarging the relevant budget and letting students focus on their own study and research.
- To encourage talented students to go domestic graduate schools in order to strengthen education and research power of Korea.
- Korean Citizenship
- Admitted in Ph.D. program or Combined M.S.-Ph.D. program in 2014 or 2015 spring semester.
Project Notification & Number of Spots Available
- Project Notification: From February to April
- Number of Spots Available: About 200(230 in 2015)
Amount & Project Period
- Amount(by NRF): 2,500,000 KRW / month (Total 3,000,000 KRW / year)
- Project Period: Basically 2 years. Project can be extended according to the research and academic report evaluation.
- by the result of the evaluation, 1 year(Ph.D. course) or maximum 3 years(Combined M.S.-Ph.D. course) can be extended.
- International Conference Attendance cost(1 time, maximum 4,000,000 KRW)
- Please refer to NRF web site(www.nrf.re.kr) for more information.
GM Intern Fellowship
- To provide the opportunity of an overseas internship program at GM(U.S.A) R&D center in conjunction oth a financial support provided by UNIST based on MOU between UNIST and GM.
- Korean graduate students who would like to acquire overseas work experience and research experience at GM R&D center(USA).
Number of Beneficiaries: Max. 6 per year
Supporting amount & Other benefits
- 5,000,000 KRW / 6months(from UNIST) for Airfare & basic living cost
- Research fund supported by recommender(at advisor’s discretion)
- Medical Insurance coverage(above $1,000) by GM
- Issuing J-1 Visa $900 supported by GM(about $200 to be paid each applicant)
- Advantage when applying for jobs in GM or other global companies, after overseas internship.